Monday, October 26, 2009

Time and Older Friends

Some people think they are too busy to spend time with their older friends. I have a friend that is approximately 82. She is the nicest lady and I met her through my church. I love spending time with her and listening to the things she tells me about her life, deceased husband and her kids ( 2 deceased). I spent the afternoon with her and was really only planning on spending a couple of hours with her because I thought I had other things that needed done. She had been telling me about her husband and how she had been pricing some of his suits to sell in their resale shop at our church. It was a very hard thing for her to do but she knew he would want her to do it and use the money from them for the church. She misses him so much and just needed to talk about him. I ended up spending over 4 hours with her mainly listening. She has so much to say and sharing about so many things that has happening in/during her life and I loved listening. A lot of the time we just need someone to share some of our thoughts / memories with. Please don't be too busy to do this as, someday, we will want to share our life's memories with someone and hope there will be someone there to listen.

Please remember what is really important! Friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Listening to this story reminds me of my grandma and how she used to talk about my grandpa (that I never met) and how he would come and sit on the end of her bed at night and talk with her after he died. I would give anything to spend the afternoon talking with her now... I know she is with granpa and God.. God bless both of them.

    ReplyDelete