Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aging - It is OK.

We all have to age whether we like it or not. Some things that change are good and some not so good but we need to accept them all. Sometimes we need God's help and our friends / families support. Aging can be done with a flare and a good chuckle. (You must always remember to laugh. It's good for the soul!) I heared an ad today from Mt Hope church in Lansing, MI. It was a short story that went like this:

An elder couple was sitting together and she asked him to nibble on her ear like he did when they were going together. He got up and started to leave the room. She asked where he was going. He said "to get my teeth so I can nibble on your ear like I use to". haha I laughed so hard after hearing this because I could just picture it happening. Funny AND so sweet!

I think it's great that she still wanted him to nibble and that he still wanted to! Anyway, no matter how we age - gracefully or not so gracefully, remember God made us in his image so he (and others) will always love us! Just remember to laugh, love, and laugh some more. Don't worry about those "laugh lines". Your heart and soul will love you for it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, that was a great one to share...lol

    ReplyDelete