Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here & Now

Are you a worrier, racked with stress? Are you a planner, always planner for the future? Are you someone who always looks to the past wishing something has been different? If you are any of these, you cannot be enjoying the now. I was reading "Excuses BeGone" by Dr. Wayne Dyer last night and the section I was reading had to do with enjoying the here and now. I am a here and now type of person. I figure the future will take care of itself. The past I've learned thru time to leave it in the past. You can't change it so just let it go. I try to always enjoy what God has given us - the clouds, the fall leaves, even the rain we've been getting, people (I love to people watch), my health, and the list keeps going on and on. I thank him every day even before I found my church.

I have always tried to enjoy life. When I wake up in the morning, I use to always smile REALLY BIG and say it's going to be a great day. I would have a smile on my face most of the say and it seemed natural. Now I don't even have to do that and it's a great day. I spend as much time as I can with my grandkids who keep me smiling / laughing as they look at everything thru new eyes. It would be nice if everyone would start trying to do this. Life would be more enjoyable for you and you would also be spreading the feeling to others.

Try this. For one day, try looking at things like you are seeing it for the first time. Experience the feeling, the emotions, be awed by what your are feeling. This is staying in the here and now. Then try doing this several times each day. It will become a habit and you will enjoy life so much more.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, what a great idea, I am going to try that tomorrow.... great story

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is old now and we need a new one

    ReplyDelete